Ordering Your Next Christmas Tree Online with DeliverMyChristmasTree.com (Review)
- By: rcable
- On: 12/12/2010 18:37:18
- In: Product Reviews
- Comments: 0
This year my wife and I decided that we were just too busy to go Christmas tree shopping but yet we really wanted a live tree.
After a couple minutes of searching online she had found DeliverMyChristmasTree.com. Being an online entrepreneur for years, I was in intrigued to say the least and convinced my wife to give a try.
The tree shipped via UPS and takes about 3-4 days to ship to California.
The tree arrived on Monday (right on schedule).
The box was about 6 feet long and weighed about 45 lbs.
When we opened the box we found a hand signed letter from John Brussock, the owner of DeliverMyChristmasTree.com. The letter contained that follow tips.
1. Use a saw to cut approximately 1" off the bottom of the tree. Do this no more than 2 hours before you are ready to put the tree in water.
2. After the tree is in the stand, add hot water (not boiling, just hot)
3. Keep an eye on the water level in your stand, and add more when necessary. Make sure that the base of the tree is always submerged.
4. Avoid putting the tree next to heat sources.
So what do we think of the tree? It is a nice healthy tree. It was a fresh and probably fresher than a tree we would have picked up at a local lot.
- We did not have waste hours of our time to go out and search all over town for it.
- We did not have to tie it down to the car and drive it home.
- Tree was very fresh and of good quality
- Shipping time was very reasonable
- We did not pick it out
- Cost to ship was $45.00 (but time is money you know)
To John's credit, he was very responsive when my wife emailed him but my advice to John would be to spend a little time working on the emailing of receipts, order acknowledgment and shipping information to help manage the customers expectations a little better.
Below are some pictures of the Christmas tree at the various stages from unboxing to being decorated.
There have been no comments made on this article. Why not be the first and add your own comment using the form below.
Leave a comment
Commenting is restricted to registered users only. Please register or login now to submit a comment.